[R] Regression through the origin

Trujillo L. trujillo at soton.ac.uk
Tue May 23 12:53:47 CEST 2006

Dear R-users:

Sorry for the naiveness of my question but I have been trying in the
R-help and the CRAN website without any success. I am trying to perform
a regression through the origin (without intercept) and my main concern
is about its evaluative statistics. It is clear for me that R squared
does not make sense if you do not have an intercept in your model and
how big is the assumption that the response is zero when all the
predictors are zero. If I still want to perform a regression in that
conditions, does R have any options to evaluate the model adequacy
correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Leonardo Trujillo.