[R] R-OT list needed?

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Fri May 19 15:20:51 CEST 2006

The Iraq Statistics thread is a very interesting topic,
and no doubt a lot of us would like to chip in with our
views and comments -- indeed we are likely to bring a
more discriminating view to such discussion than might
be the case on many other lists.

So if this took on a life of its own then it could become
extensive. At which point the R-help admin would quite
rightly call time on us!

Yet I can see a good case, exemplified by this thread, for
an arrangement where rather than each of us severally and
independently taking the matter off to wherever we respectively
discuss such things, we could keep it going and preserve our
R-community spirit.

Hence I'd like to suggest an addition to the various lists
hanging off R, where we could take off-topic subjects.
Hence my suggestion of "R-OT" (though I can see for myself,
than you, what that seems to spell out -- maybe "R-Social"
might be better).

What do people think?

Best wishes to all,
Ted.