[R] subset

Guenther, Cameron Cameron.Guenther at MyFWC.com
Tue May 16 21:04:50 CEST 2006

Thanks Phil
That worked pergectly.

Cameron Guenther, Ph.D.
Associate Research Scientist
FWC/FWRI, Marine Fisheries Research
100 8th Avenue S.E.
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
(727)896-8626 Ext. 4305
cameron.guenther at myfwc.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Spector [mailto:spector at stat.Berkeley.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:01 PM
To: Guenther, Cameron
Subject: Re: [R] subset

Cameron -
    Is

      X1 = which(duplicated(x))
      x[-X1,]

or
      x[!duplicated(x),]

or
      subset(x,!duplicated(x))

what you're looking for?  Remember that which() will always return
indices, so negating them (with regards to subscripts) means making them
negative, not applying the not operator(!).  The not operator can only
be applied to logical values, like those returned by duplicated()

                                       - Phil Spector
					 Statistical Computing Facility
					 Department of Statistics
					 UC Berkeley