[R] adding line to spinogram

Viktor Tron v.tron at ed.ac.uk
Tue May 16 18:42:22 CEST 2006

Hello,
Thanks for the hint.
grid.segments seemed the closest I got.
I did manage to draw (well fake) a line with it. I can only address the
whole drawing frame, which means I can only adjust the position and length
of the line
by trial and error. I see no way to address the y axis scale of my
spinogram/histogram.
Is there a way?
Not a huge problem, but I thought someone must have thought of adding
lines to
their spinograms or histograms before...

On Mon, 15 May 2006 14:13:00 +0100, Prof Brian Ripley
<ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Package vcd is built on grid, not base graphics.
>
> On Mon, 15 May 2006, Viktor Tron wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> I wonder what's special about spinograms {vcd} that prevents me from
>> using
>> it the way I do with other plots.
>>
>> I do:
>>
>>> spine(f.speaker.identity ~ x.log.lengthening,
>>> data=ms,breaks=45,gp=gpar(fill=c("red","green")),xlab="length