[R] PLS

Bjørn-Helge Mevik bhs2 at mevik.net
Tue May 16 12:17:28 CEST 2006

jivan parab wrote:

> can u please give me the code written in matlab for partial least square
> regression

This is an email list about R, not about Matlab.

> will you pls provide me the code written in matlab and also the exlanatiion
> to each step

You not only want someone to do the work for you, but explain what
they did as well? :-)

My suggestion is: read a good introduction to PLSR (for instance the
one found in Martens & Næs (1989) Multivariate Calibration, Wiley).
If you are not able to implement the algorithm from the description
there, you are probably better off using an existing implementation,
for instance Barry Wise's chemometric toolbox.

--
Bjørn-Helge Mevik