[R] pattern instead of colors in bargraph

Rainer M KRug RMK at krugs.de
Mon May 15 10:30:19 CEST 2006

Hi

I am using R 2.2.0 under SuSE 10.

I am creating a graph by using the following script:

DietF <- read.csv ("DietFem.csv", header = TRUE, as.is=TRUE)
attach (DietF)
PP <- array(c(bud,flower,shoot,melon,seed.pod,detritus,other), c(16,7))
M <- paste (Month)
detach (DietF)
png(filename="DietF.png", width=960)
barplot (t(PP), ylim=c(0,1), names.arg=M, space=0.3, ylab="proportion of
diet")
dev.off()

The problem is that I would need the bars to be filled with pattern
(striped, diagonal striped, dotted, ...) instead of the colors as it is
extremely difficult to see which is which.

I didn't find anything in the help which showed me how to do it.
Is it possible, and if yes how?

Thanks a lot,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation
Biology (UCT)

Department of Conservation Ecology and Entomology
University of Stellenbosch
South Africa