[R] Fwd: Newbie to R: would like to solve a problem

percy tiglao prtiglao at gmail.com
Sat May 13 23:44:10 CEST 2006

I forgot to forward the message to the group :-/

And I have one more question, but it pertains somewhat to this last
post (which is why I attached the last message)

What is the name of the distribution that takes skewness and kurtosis
as a factor? I figure, if I can find a distribution that better models
the damage done in this game, it would be better off period. A normal
curve estimates the data pretty darn well already, maybe adding in
skewness and kurtosis will make the model close to exact.

I tried searching for skewness and kertosis on google, and found some
information on a "Weibull" distribution, but it only seems to model
skewness and not as much kurtosis. Is there a specific distribution
that can model data based on both skewness and kurtosis?