[R] Maximum likelihood estimate of bivariatevonmises-weibulldistribution

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Fri May 12 19:40:45 CEST 2006

Hi Aziz,

One of my friends recently wrote his PhD thesis from University of Leeds
under Kanti Mardia's direction.  He has dealt with different models for
bivariate von Mises distribution, and also with ML estimation for binary
mixtures of bivariate von Mises using EM algorithm, and also with Gibbs
Sampling for drawing from the posteriors.  If you are interested, you can
contact me off the list and I can put you in touch with him.

There is also a paper by Singh and Demchuk (Biometrika 2002) that is highly
relevant to your question.

Best,
Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,  The Center on Aging and Health
Johns Hopkins University
Ph: (410) 502-2619
Fax: (410) 614-9625
Email:  rvaradhan at jhmi.edu