[R] Concatenating data frame

Charles Cheung boom2k1 at hotmail.com
Wed May 10 23:42:38 CEST 2006

Hello, I have searched through the R-help archive and find that the easiest
way to concatenate data records in a dataframe is to use rbind()

I know we can do that using rbind, but it is slow when we are doing rbind
thousands of times to a growing list, each time adding one or two records to
the ever growing existing data because in

existingRecords<-rbind(existingRecords, aNewRecordToBeAdded),

I am making a copy of the data each time rbind is called!

Is there a way to avoid these data copying?

Thank you in advance!

Charles