[R] command completion?

Robert Citek rwcitek at alum.calberkeley.org
Wed May 10 20:52:40 CEST 2006

Does R have command or object name completion?

R has several functions of modern shells built into it e.g. history
mechanism, command-line editing, emacs key bindings.  However, it
doesn't seem to have command or object name completion.  For example,
in bash I can begin typing a command and then press the tab key to
have the shell fill in the rest of the command (works for environment
variables and filenames, too).  Does command completion exist and I'm
not using it correctly or don't have it turned on, or is it really
not there?

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent