[R] Can't there be a cd command?

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed May 10 00:07:54 CEST 2006

You do not say, but if you are on Windows see the R for Windows FAQ 2.14
where getwd() is explicitly mentioned. setwd() is on the same man page.

Also the R for Windows File menu has a "Change dir ..." entry. So I think R
core has already taken care of this, at least on Windows.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box