[R] visualisation of Self organising map

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 9 13:26:07 CEST 2006

If this is SOM from package class, please consult the book for which it is
support software, for the answer to your question is there.

(Please bear in mind that you are likely to get a more sympathetic
response if you show the basic courtesies of acknowledging other people's
work and identifying yourself and your affiliation.)

On Tue, 9 May 2006, richard mendes wrote:

> Hello R users,
>
> I'm using SOM() to cluster a gene expression data set
>
> the syntax i used was
>
> dataGrid <- c(somgrid(xdim = 3, ydim = 3, topo = c("rectangular","hexagonal")))
> dataClusters <- SOM(dataMatrix, grid = dataGrid)
> plot(dataClusters)
>
> it seems that this works just fine but the thing i can't figure out is
> how to determine where each data point has been clustered.

MASS4 pp310-311.