[R] R.matlab anyone ?

Henrik Bengtsson (max 7Mb attachments) hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Tue May 9 06:08:04 CEST 2006

Hi Alex,

author here - thanks for this.  Indeed, there is a typo in
MatlabServer.m that gives the error iff the port number is out of
range. So if you set MATLABSERVER_PORT in range it should work.
However, the Matlab code contains a syntax error in that statement
which shouldn't be there.  FYI, it should read (single quote twice):

 error('Cannot not open connection. Port (''MATLABSERVER_PORT'') is
out of range [1023,49151]: %d', port);

I've updated the package accordingly.  You can install the updated version by:

source("http://www.braju.com/R/hbLite.R")
hbLite("R.matlab")

Best,

Henrik