[R] Panel Data Estimators (within, between, Random Effects estimator)

David STADELMANN david.stadelmann at unifr.ch
Mon May 8 11:43:54 CEST 2006

Dear R Users,

Here is another probelm/question.

I would like to run some panel regressions with R. Therefore I have
combined several time periods of data for different individuals in my
database.

I have already run pooled OLS but I would need to calculate a Fixed
Effects Estimator (within estimator). Unfortunately I couldn't find
anything like that in the RSearch and I suppose that lme (in package
nlme) is not the answer.

Is there any defined function to calculate panel data estimators like
Fixed Effects Estimators (within), a between estimator or a Random
Effects estimator. For more details on the estimators I would like to
use see: Cameron, A. C.; Trivedi, P. K.: "Microeconometrics. Methods and
Applications", Cambridge University Press, 2005, pp. 695-809.

Thanks for your help.
David Stadelmann

--
David Stadelmann