[R] extract p-value from urppTest

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Mon May 8 10:20:19 CEST 2006

Hello Anne,

the function 'ur.pp' contained in the package 'urca' has been ported
into the package 'fSeries' (see the documentaion of ?urppTest).
help("ur.pp-class", package="urca") will tell you that p-values are not
part of this class, i.e., these are not computed but critical values are
returned.
Now, inside of the function 'urppTest', 'ur.pp' is called and an object
of class 'fHTEST' is returned (you can see this, by simply typing
'urppTest'). The class 'fHTEST' does contain the slot 'test' (it is a
list). You can see this by spotting at getClass("fHTEST"). However, what
is stored into test is the outcome of 'show(your ur.pp-object)', i.e.
the print-out of the test statistic.
In contrast, by typing 'adfTest' you will easily see, that the p-values
are calculated within this function and are part of the slot 'test'.

Best,
Bernhard