[R] microsoft proxy & R project

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 8 08:31:33 CEST 2006

Please do read the R posting guide and supply essential information such
as your OS (and not send HTML mail).

If you are using Windows, see the rw-FAQ Q2.19.  Note that R never asks
you for `an active directory login/password': it may *if you ask it to*
ask for proxy identification.  Quite likely it is your local system and
not R which is asking, and you need to seek local advice.

On Mon, 8 May 2006, Laurent Valdes wrote:

> hi,
>
> as I'm using R at Dell (where I am working), I manage to install packages
> from web, but there is a web proxy, which is pretty boring.
> R asks me to enter an active directory login/password, that would
> normally auth me through the web proxy, but it doesn't work.

So how do you 'manage' when 'it doesn't work'?

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk