[R] Permutation test of marked point pattern

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Fri May 5 10:44:25 CEST 2006

For completeness of the archives, this problem seems
to have been solved via a private conversation.

 From my perspective the problem was trying to complicate
a situation  that was essentially solved.  Instead of
trying to comprehend how to conform the present
situation to someone's implementation of a permutation
test, it is much easier to just do the computation.
Something like:

permvec <- numeric(1000)
for(i in 1:1000) permvec[i] <- statistic.from.permuted.data
p.value <- mean(permvec <= original.statistic)

I think the same is true of bootstrapping.  This is more
controversial since there are some techniques -- such as
bias correction -- with bootstrapping that can improve
the results.  However, virtually always in the work that I
do a naive bootstrap is good enough.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696