[R] garchFit from fSeries

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed May 3 02:59:19 CEST 2006

Dear Erin:

The following worked for me:

library(fSeries)
# Load Time Series:
data(sp500dge)
# Vector of Compounded Returns:
x <- diff(sp500dge[,1])
# Vector of Percentage Compounded Returns:
X = 100*x

fit = garchFit(~arma(0,1), ~garch(1,1), series = X)

Version 2.3.0 (2006-04-24)
i386-pc-mingw32

attached base packages:
[1] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
[7] "base"

other attached packages:
     fSeries   fCalendar     fBasics
"221.10065" "221.10065" "221.10065"

	  hope this helps,
	  spencer graves
p.s.  I extracted this from "demo/xmpDWChapter34.R" in the fSeries
package, which was mentioned under "examples" in the garchFit
documentation.