[R] efficiency in merging two data frames

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue May 2 09:55:10 CEST 2006

Hi

and you would better to give up thinking in "for cycles" as a good
tool for data manipulation and calculation.

R has usually functions for direct manipulation and calculation with
vectors or matrices, vhich are far more effective than calculation in
cycle.

I also recommend you to go through Paul Johnsons Rtips which is set
of many good ideas how to do some things.

HTH
Petr