[R] Making R talk to Win/OpenBUGS in Linux (again)

Gregor GORJANC gregor.gorjanc at gmail.com
Mon May 1 19:50:44 CEST 2006

Hello Jun,

On 5/1/06, jun yan <jyan at stat.uiowa.edu> wrote:
> I have used linbugs with the rbugs package for a recent work. It might be
> worthwhile trying.

It would be very nice, if you would consider to port new funcionality in
rbugs to R2WinBUGS. I thought that this was your intention, when
wine part was added to R2WinBUGS. I do appreciate your package,
but find it weird to have two packages i.e. R2WinBUGS and rbugs for
exactly the same task. The issue with all this packages is really getting
very comples, now that BRugs is also availabe.

Please take this only as a humble suggestion.

Looking forward to hear from you.

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc

University of Ljubljana          PhD student
Biotechnical Faculty
Zootechnical Department     URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Groblje 3                            mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
SI-1230 Domzale                tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
Slovenia, Europe                 fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888