[R] table of means/medians across bins used for a histogram

lalitha viswanath lalithaviswanath at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 17:56:30 CEST 2006

Hi
I think I seem to have phrased my doubt incorrectly.
I want a x-y plot of age v/s rate (the bin is
irrelevant for this plot); only that instead of a
simple x-y plot, i want a plot of average(rate) for
each age-intervals.

My ages vary from 0 to 0.7 and I want to divide them
in groups of 0.02.

So I want a plot of the following
Age-intervals    Average rate in that interval
0-0.02                5
0.02-0.04             7
0.04-0.06             1
0.06-0.08             0
0.08-0.1              0.15

Age-intervals mentioned along the x-axis (like for a
histogram) and rates plotted for each age-interval

--- Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck at gmail.com>