[R] S-PLUS 8 beta program [repost]

eugene dalt eugenedalt at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 23:50:42 CEST 2006

Point well taken. You should, however, expect R users
to bring up concerns. This isn't a win-win situation
as
you sound...and you want to keep s-news in the dark
too.

Frankly, you didn't address the real issue. How would
 Insightful reacts for example if they find R users
repackaging your products named "Infact" or
"Insightful Miner"? or as you said R users (instead of
Splus users) "need access to the cutting-edge, quality
statistical software available>> in Splus (instead of
other way round).

Insightful wants to take any "cutting-edge, quality
statistical software" from R, but they patent any
"cutting-edge, quality statistical software" they
create. Hence my call to people to use any loopholes
to make these available or rewrite them. That would be
win-win.

ps. This is my last email on this issue.