[R] S-PLUS 8 beta program [repost]

eugene dalt eugenedalt at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 21:59:05 CEST 2006

In addition, I think people should always explore ways
to repackage exclusive S-Plus facilities and libraries
into R. By rewritting them or using GPL loopholes.

It seems to me that Insightful is very good at
protecting whatever they "create" and the same time
feels very comfortable taking R stuff to keep they
clients happy. In essence they are selling free stuff.