[R] Problem with help() respectively ?

Werner Wernersen pensterfuzzer at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 31 21:02:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a problem with my the R help system. I have
been searching through the help archives but I can't
find anything about it and I don't know how to specify
my search better.

When I type for instance "?hist", just the next
command line prompt shows but nothing actually
happens. There is no help window coming up.

I already tried reinstalling R (2.2.1, windows XP) but
that didn't change anything. I am pretty sure the help
has been working before on this machine.

Has anybody an idea how to recover the help system?

Thanks for your help,
  Werner