[R] 'loop FOR' for make plots

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Fri Mar 31 00:55:57 CEST 2006

There are undoubtedly many ways to do this.

See the get() function.

for( i in 1:10) {
   nm <- paste( 'mp',i,'.lm',sep='')
   tmp <- get( nm )
   plot(  tmp$experimental_response, fitted(tmp) )
   abline(0,1)
   title(nm)
   readline('CR to continue ')
}

And you may need to specify pos or envir in get()

Another way would be to put your outputs from lm in a list, which you
could do at the time you create them, instead of afterwords, as here:

lmout <- list(mp1=mp1.lm, mp2=mp2.lm, mp3=mp3.lm)
lapply(
     lmout,
     function(ff)   {  plot(ff$experimental_response,fitted(ff)) ;
abline(0,1)  }
)

I haven't tested these precisely; there may be typographical errors.

-Don