[R] load file RData which store in zip file

Muhammad Subianto msubianto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 11:44:03 CEST 2006

Dear R users,
My situation:
(1) I have limited workspace for my work harddisk (about 10 GiB).
(2) I have a lot of data files in R workspace (*.RData) which most of
them > 200 MiB. For some reason I zip some of them, for instance
"filename.RData (250 MiB)" to "filename.zip (3MiB)". In this work I
have a lot of more space of my harddisk.

Normally, If I want to use "filename.RData" for my experiment, I can
do it with load("filename.RData").

Then I tried to open/load

> load("filename.zip")
Error: bad restore file magic number (file may be corrupted) -- no data loaded

My question:
How can I open/load "filename.zip"? Is there any function to open R
workspace which it store in zip file? I hope some one can give me
advices.

Best, Muhammad Subianto

> version
         _