[R] R, RMysql, and MySQL 5 Decimal Type Support

Robert Baer rbaer at atsu.edu
Wed Mar 29 01:31:28 CEST 2006

> Whenever I have a MySQL query that returns a Decimal result to R I get
> the following warning in R:
> I get this for a simple query like "SELECT 2, 2.5" !!
> Warning message:
> RS-DBI driver warning: (unrecognized MySQL field type 246 in column 1)

If I understand  what you are saying, I think you have garbled SQL syntax.
The select statement synatx is:

SELECT list_of_columns FROM tables[s] [WHERE search_conditions]

My guess is that you don't have columns named 2 or 2.5

Rob
Robert W. Baer, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Physiology
A. T. Still University of Health Science
800 W. Jefferson St.
Kirksville, MO 63501-1497 USA