[R] "transparent" background for PDF

Francisco J. Zagmutt gerifalte28 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 24 23:09:48 CET 2006

Hi Dennis

Out of curiosity, how did you import the pdf to Power Point?  I am running
windows so it may be different (and completelly irrelevant to you!) but when
I want to place a pdf image in a PPT slide I copy the file to the clipboard
and then paste it in Power Point.  Then in Power Point you can right click
on the image-> show picture toolbar and then use the tool "Set Transparent
Color".  That will give you a transparent background but you may not get be
the best quality, so in general I prefer to save the image as a bmp or some
other format and then insert that into Power Point directly using the Insert
menu in PPT.

I hope this helps

Francisco