[R] MacOS X Quartz Rendering?

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Fri Mar 24 22:33:35 CET 2006

Hi, Neil,

Here is some time series data (8 series, each of length 200) that
plots very quickly in R (2.2.1) for MacOSX.
Both on a G4 powerbook using the Quartz() graphics driver and on a G5
using the x11() graphics driver.

     z <- ts(matrix(rt(200 * 8, df = 3), 200, 8), start=c(1961, 1),
frequency=12)
     plot(z, yax.flip = TRUE)

It's one of the examples provided in ?plot.ts

I think you will have to provide more information...at a minimum,
say, your R version, what plot command you used, and the class of
your time series object. (check the faq on posting)

>  sessionInfo()
R version 2.2.1, 2005-12-26, powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0

attached base packages:
[1] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
"datasets"  "base"

other attached packages:
rmacq
"1.0"