[R] clogit question

vito muggeo vmuggeo at dssm.unipa.it
Thu Mar 23 16:38:01 CET 2006

Dear Dan,
I think you need more (theorical) background here..

clogit() in package survival performs conditional logistic regression
where you have several groups (the strata, the matched sets). There is
an intercept for each "stratum" in the model, but you do not obtain them
since estimation is carried out via conditional likelihood, i.e. *given*
the sufficient statistics for the intercepts themselves.

Have a look to standard book on categorical data analysis.

If you need estimates for the intercepts (try to) use glm():
glm(case~spontaneous+induced+stratum,data=infert,data=binomial)

best,
vito