[R] install local packages

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Thu Mar 23 04:11:02 CET 2006

1. My best guess, and it is only a guess, is that the package wasn't
built properly. That's assuming that when you used the menu, you
navigated to the zip file.

2. Please review the documentation for the install.packages()
function. When repos is NULL, your first argument is supposed to be a
character vector of one or more file paths to the zip files. The
second argument is not normally needed. Also, in this case, you
should not use destdir. It's a temporary holding place used during
the installation process.

-Don