[R] mixed ordinal logistic regression

Kasuya, Eiiti ekasuscb at mbox.nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp
Wed Mar 22 14:31:10 CET 2006

Dear Colleagues,
I hope to know how ordinal logistic regression with a  mixed model is made
in R.  We (My colleague and I) are studying the behavior of a beetle.   The
attraction of beetles to a stimulus are recorded: the response is Slow,
Mid, or Fast.  They are based on the time after the presentation of the
stimulus to the beetles.   Because we do not observe the behavior
continuously but do record the number of beetles near the stimulus  at the
pre-determined two timings.   The beetles that are near the stimulus at the
1st timing are "Fast".  Those that come to 'near the stimulus' between the
first and second timings are "Mid".  Those that do not come to 'near the
stimulus' till the second timing are "Slow".  The response variable is an
ordinal one.
     We applied 3 treatments (say, A, B and C) for groups of the beetles.
We had several groups for each of the treatments.  A group of beetles was
reared in a container.  I think the difference among groups under a given
treatment is random-effect, while the difference among the treatments is
fixed-effect.
    So , I hope to know the information on ordinal logistic regression in a
mixed model  in R.

******
**Kasuya, Eiiti
**Department of Biology,
**Faculty of Sciences,
**Kyushu University,
**Hakozaki,
**Hukuoka,812-8581(postal code)
**Japan

**telephone 092-642-2624 or 092-642-2623
**facsimile  092-642-2645
******