[R] discrete entropy is not rotation invariant?

Ingmar Visser I.Visser at uva.nl
Mon Mar 20 10:34:54 CET 2006

Hi Context,

It seems to me that the changes in entropy are simply due to the binning.
The usual entropy would be the limit of the discrete entropy when the number
of bins goes to infinity. For the discrete entropy to be a useful
approximation to the entropy the number of bins should be reasonably high.

Hth, Ingmar