[R] Bioconductor package on linux machine

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Mar 16 12:29:51 CET 2006

On 3/16/06 5:45 AM, "Knut Krueger" <admin at biostatistic.de> wrote:

> Hi together,
> we received a question about the bioconductor package,
> maybe anybody could help the guy and I will deliver the message over our
> forum to him.

Probably the best way to get an answer is to write to the bioconductor list.

> I have installed R on a linux machine. I have then installed the
> biocLite.R package from bioconductor.

BiocLite.R is a simple script, not a package.

> I wanted to install a few other packages - hgu133plus2cdf, rma .
>
> I downloaded the source files and installed in the directory
> /usr/lib64/R/library

Probably some detail here is necessary.  I would suggest writing to the
bioconductor list, but be sure to read the posting guide and to include the
commands that you are using to install the packages as well as their output.
Also, including output from sessionInfo() is necessary to get useful
feedback.

Sean