[R] R, Eclipse and StatEt plugin under Linux

Rainer M Krug rkrug at sun.ac.za
Thu Mar 16 11:52:58 CET 2006

Hi

I try to use the R plugin StatET 3.1-M2 (0.2.1) under eclipse 3.1.1 in
Linux. Everything works fine, except of the integration of the R console
into eclipse.

On the StatET website (http://www.walware.de/goto/statet) it states:
***
Do you know, how to start R inside Eclipse on Unix/Linux preventing the
batch-modus, which parameters are useful? Let me know.
***

and this is exactly the problem. I managed to convince R not to start in
batch mobe by using the parameter --save, --no-save or --vanilla, but it
  is stuck before reaching the input prompt. The last thing it says is:
[Previously saved workspace restored]

and that is it - and eclipse's progress bar is stuck. I can cancel it by
pressing the cancel button, but the console closes.

Any ides on how to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Rainer

Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation Biology (UCT)

Department of Conservation Ecology
University of Stellenbosch
Matieland 7602
South Africa