[R] How to get correct proportions/bounding box for latex figure?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Mar 15 03:54:02 CET 2006

On 3/14/2006 9:29 PM, context grey wrote:
> Thank you.   However I don't think I understand the
> response here.
>
> In what sense do I "want a nonstandard layout"?

You said you want something that is wide and short (3 squares, side by
side).  The standard layout would fit on a normal piece of paper, or a
default window on screen.

The R graphics model is that the drawing surface is established first,
then the things you draw are adjusted to fit in it.  R won't change the
shape of the display because you are drawing more things on it.

I don't think I understand exactly what you want to achieve; sample code
that produces something close would be helpful (even if it comes out the
wrong shape).

Duncan Murdoch