[R] data import problem

Philipp Pagel philipp.pagel.lists at t-online.de
Wed Mar 8 13:24:31 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 12:49:29PM +0100, Arne.Muller at sanofi-aventis.com wrote:
> Well, the data is generated by a perl script, and I could just
> configure the perl script so that there is one file per data table,
> but I though I'd probably must more efficent to have all records in a
> single file rather than reading a thousands of small files ... .

I guess I would make it a singe file and put the IDs in their own
column:

 ID         x         y
123   89.1791    1.1024
123   90.5735    1.1024
123   92.5666    1.1024
123   95.0725    1.1024
123  101.2070    1.1024
321   60.1601    1.1024
321   64.8023    1.1024
321   70.0593    2.1502

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel                            Tel.  +49-8161-71 2131
Dept. of Genome Oriented Bioinformatics      Fax.  +49-8161-71 2186

 and

Institute for Bioinformatics / MIPS          Tel.  +49-89-3187 3675
GSF - National Research Center               Fax.  +49-89-3187 3585
      for Environment and Health
Ingolstädter Landstrasse 1
85764 Neuherberg, Germany
http://mips.gsf.de/staff/pagel