[R] LocFit

Jacob van Wyk jlvw at na.rau.ac.za
Mon Mar 6 10:44:34 CET 2006

I have a question regarding the package LOCFIT of C Loader.

After fitting a smooth surface (y modeled by two regressors), I can't
seem to find a nice way of making a perspective (or other 3d plot). The
contours don't look quite so good.

It is meant to be used as illustration of smoothing to my students in
regression analysis.

Could anybody perhaps assist me in producing a "good" graph in 3d? It
probably works in S-Plus, but I am using R.

(I have tried plot (locfit object, type="persp") on the ethanol dataset
- but this gives a poor result, with a few warnings.)

THANK YOU!.
Jacob

Jacob L van Wyk
Department of Statistics