Where to declare S4 classes?

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sun Mar 5 05:50:44 CET 2006

Dear listers,

I am making a trial to move from S3 to S4... I have created some classes
of interest and they work acceptably well for the purpose. I am now
wondering how to make them operate in a package. In clear when a package
is loaded (eg library(mypackage)) where should I put the class descriptions:

setClass("Prior",representation(Distrib="character",Params="list"))
setClass("SamplePrior",representation("Prior",Sample="list"))

so that they are created and then usable for functions after a simple
call to library(mypackage).

It is probably something trivial, but I could not find out something
clear on this (eg example) in the R-help-list, writing R-extensions, nor
in  S programming... and trying to get this info through reading other
library codes has been unsuccessful.

Patrick

HOwdy

I read R books about scale function for variable transformation.
Acoording to this  book
scale function leads me to better regression results. Or am I worng?

I hope somebody tell me about a scale function?
Is it for variable transformation?

Kum-Hoe Hwang, Phone : 82-31-250-3516Email : phdhwang at gmail.com