xyplot/levelplot: thickness of tickmarks

Jan Marius Hofert m_hofert at web.de
Sat Mar 4 22:09:02 CET 2006

Hi,

if I use the xyplot (or levelplot) function (lattice library) with
the option axs="i", I have the problem that the tickmarks lie a bit
outside the "plot-box". Consider for example:

library(lattice)
x<-seq(0,1,by=0.01)
y<-seq(0,1,by=0.01)
xyplot(y~x,type="l",xlim=c(0,1),ylim=c(0,1),scales=list
(relation="free",axs="i",x=list(at=c(0.0,1.0)),y=list(at=c(0.0,1.0))))

As you can see at x=1, half of the tickmark is actually to the right
of the "plot-box" (just zoom in to see that...). Sure you can solve
this by using a bigger smaller/bigger value for the ranges of xlim
and ylim, but is there any option/way to fix that? I do not like to
set xlim=c(-0.001,1.001) and ylim=c(-0.001,1.001) which would solve
the problem but this is somehow "dirty". I couldn't find an option
for the thickness of the tickmarks (that would solve the problem as I
think the tickmarks-thickness is just bigger than the thickness of
the axes)

Any help appreciated

marius

Hi,

I can't find a simple command to switch the plot colors from paper to
presentation formats.  Has anyone defined styles that can be easily applied
in one command?

It would be nice to have a command for papers, using ps or eps outputs, that
has a white background and colors that will print nicely on that.  On the
other hand, it would be nice to have exactly the same plot for a
presentation on a black background.  A function to flip all the colors to
suit the presentation format would be ideal.

What is the best way to go about this using R?

Thanks, Darren

D.L. Weber, Ph.D.
UCSF Dept. of Radiology