[R] fixed variance of lmer object

Johannes Hüsing hannes at ruhrau.de
Sat Mar 4 06:36:26 CET 2006

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> [Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 05:38:52PM CET]:

>     Johannes> Dear expRts,
>     Johannes> could anybody nudge me toward some documentation about how to
>     Johannes> extract the variance-covariance matrix of the fixed parameters
>     Johannes> from an lmer object?
>
>   vcov( . )

thank you! I just found it out myself by looking at
https://svn.r-project.org/R-packages/trunk/Matrix/R/lmer.R.

> as ``for all good objects ''  :-)

Which brings me back to the core of my question: Where was I supposed
to find this piece of information myself. The logical place, in my
opinion, would be Section 11.3 of "An Introduction to R". Am I missing
something here? If desired, I can write a patch for R-intro.texi.

Greetings

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing        There is something fascinating about science.
johannes at huesing.name  One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture