[R] Fractional brownian surfaces

Hufkens Koen Koen.Hufkens at ua.ac.be
Fri Mar 3 14:35:20 CET 2006

Hi list,

I'm trying to generate fractional brownian surfaces in R.

[A detailed description with respect to various techniques to generating
these neutral landscapes has been described by Timothy Keitt (spectral
representation of neutral landscapes, Landscape Ecology, 2000) and
probably various other authours.]

Are there any packages that deal with this or related items? I've been
searching and looking at various packages but I only found fSeries to
generate fractional brownian motion time series (1D), but no reference
to 2D applications.

Theoretical papers suggestions to code it myself are welcome as well,
although the previously mentioned paper explains it rather detailed I
still have some loose ends.

So all input would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Koen