[R] Handling outliers?

Robert Lundqvist Robert.Lundqvist at ltu.se
Thu Mar 2 12:14:43 CET 2006

I am sitting with this fairly big material (20 variables, max length of
vectors about 3200 observations and a substantial amount of missing
values). In some cases there are also outliers. Some are obvious, others
are not that clear.

So far, I have replaced some of the outliers with NA's. However, I would
like to have a good working procedure where outliers where not excluded
permanently but rather temporarily. Some way of "marking"  observations
and still keep them seems both preferable and possible.

Any suggestions for a good working practice for cases like this? How do
*you* work? Is there any "standard" package to use?

Robert