[R] Problems to get a ctree plot (library party) in a file via jpeg/png

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Thu Mar 2 10:12:44 CET 2006

Carlos:

> I am using library "party" and I have found a curious/strange behaviour when
> trying to save the output of a ctree in a file via jpeg/png command.

thanks for reporting this. We've seen this problem before with the vcd
package. The reason is that the default background is usually
"transparent" whereas for jpeg() and png() devices it is "white". That has
the effect that the
  grid.rect()
command at the end of node_boxplot() not only draws the bounding rectangle
but also fills it with "white", thus hiding the actual boxplots. The fix
is to use
  grid.rect(gp = gpar(fill = "transparent"))
instead. We'll commit a fixed party to CRAN asap.

Best wishes,