[R] Is there anywhere recycle()?

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 18:17:01 CEST 2006

Hi,

Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> Try:
>
> foo2 <- function(x, a) cbind(x,a)[,2]

thank you for this. It does work to some extent, but not much better
than mine foo.

foo2(c(1, 2, 3), a=1)
[1] 1 1 1

18:14:08
R> foo2(c(1, 2, 3), a=c(1,2,3,4))
[1] 1 2 3 4
Warning message:
number of rows of result
        is not a multiple of vector length (arg 1) in: cbind(1, x, a)

18:14:13
R> foo2(c(1, 2, 3), a=c(1,2,3))
[1] 1 2 3

18:14:18
R> foo2(c(1, 2, 3), a=c(1,2))
[1] 1 2 1
Warning message:
number of rows of result
        is not a multiple of vector length (arg 2) in: cbind(1, x, a)