[R] different csv files; was: (no subject)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sat Jul 22 11:51:29 CEST 2006

ahmed el kenawy wrote:

> hi
>
>   i created two files in excel with a dbf format in a similar way. the first is opened in R, however, when i try to open the second. i received the following message:
>
>   sites.can <- read.csv("SITES.csv")
> Error in read.table(file = file, header = header, sep = sep, quote = quote,  :
>         more columns than column names
>
> The second file works with the same command
>   larynx.can <- read.csv("LARYNX.csv")
>

>   SO, WHAT IS THE SOLUTIO????????????

1. Please do not shout.
2. Please read the posting guide.
3. Please use a sensible subject.
4. Please read ?read.csv
5. You might want to check if the format of that csv files are really
identical and  check if the column names are strange (including comments
or separators). If it still does not work, send us the first few lines
of that file. We cannot look at it otherwise!

Uwe Ligges