[R] table elemets testing

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sat Jul 22 11:24:15 CEST 2006

Emanuele Mazzola wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> i'm dealing with some percentage tables, of which i should test rowwise if
> the entries are sgnificantly equal or not. Namely, on row 1, test H0:
> element 1= element2, H0: element 1= element3...H0: element 2= element3...H0:
> element n-1= element n. The same on the other rows.

Do you want to know how to write the code or which method to use? We
cannot tackle the first question unless we have answered the second,
which is much more difficult.

Do you really want to a statistical test under H0: element 1 = element
2? Then you have to make some assumptions re. the *exact* distributions
of element 1 and element 2 (are you assuming iid?). And if you assume
the exact distribtion, you do not need to test on equality any more, but
you want to know if element x is from this distribution, and you can
simply use the quantiles themselves.

Uwe Ligges