[R] Problems with character spacing in windows metafiles...

Dan Linden lindend1 at msu.edu
Fri Jul 21 20:48:54 CEST 2006

I finally determined the problem, but not the specific cause.

For some reason, the WMF is resized when saved or copied from R.  If you
compare the same plot pasted into PowerPoint as both a bitmap and a WMF, the
WMF has its height increased ~14% and its width decreased ~5% consistently.
This is true whether you copy/paste or save the WMF.

At least, that is what occurs on my Windows XP machine with Office 2003 and
R 2.3.1 installed.