[R] R and DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange)

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Tue Jul 18 19:40:31 CEST 2006

I am thrilled to learn tcltk2 has DDE capability.
It is the piece I have been needing to make ESS work directly
with the RGUI on Windows.  GNU emacs on Windows has a ddeclient,
but no access to COM.  So if R, or tcltk2 talking in both directions to R,
has a ddeserver, all should be possible.  I will be reading the documentation
closely in a few weeks to tie it together and then intend to make it happen.

Do you, or any other list member, have a sense of the size, complexity, ease,
magnitude of the task I just defined?  Any advice as I get started on it?

Rich