[R] Trailing on r-help messages

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 10:39:36 CEST 2006

> I think that is likely true but it would at least mean that they had
> seen it repeatedly and there would really be no excuse for not following it
> (unlike the current situation where one needs to take action to follow
> the posting guide link and then read a lengthy page).

Logically, that makes sense.  However, try asking a group of R users
how to cite R (or how to find out how to cite R).

I think it's a good idea to make the default list signature as good as
possible, I just don't think it will have that much effect.  Supplying
a small reproducible example when reporting an error is "common-sense"
(how else will the developers/others be able to replicate it?) and yet
it is very rare (not just in R, but in any project).

Hadley